Rare rodent virus sickens Yosemite visitors, killing one8/17/2012
Yosemite National Park is filled with breathtakingly beautiful scenery – and quite possibly a deadly rodent-borne disease. One man has died and a woman is seriously ill after contracting hantavirus pulmonary syndrome following a stay at Yosemite's popular Curry Village lodging area. Though it's not 100 percent certain Yosemite is where the stricken visitors caught the rare illness, testing found hantavirus present in the droppings of deer mice in Curry Village, where both victims stayed -- about 100 feet away from each other -- on overlapping days in June. As if the park's raging rivers and rocky cliffs weren’t scary enough ... [Source]
Does this make you reluctant to visit Yosemite?