Romney's 5 best jokes from the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner10/19/2012
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney laid down their swords at the Al E. Smith Memorial Dinner, a traditional preelection event for Catholic charities where both candidates have to chance to poke fun at each other — and themselves. Romney spoke first. Here are his five best jokes from the event:
5. "I was actually hoping the president would bring Joe Biden along this evening. He'll laugh at anything."
4. "We're down to the final months of the president's term ... You have to wonder what [Obama is] thinking: So little time, so much to redistribute."
3. Romney quipped that St. Peter's skeptics told him, "If you’ve got a church, you didn’t build that."
2. He spelled out how the media will cover the dinner: "Obama embraced by Catholics, Romney dines with rich people."
1. "In keeping with the 'Sesame Street' theme, the president's remarks are brought to you tonight by the letter O and the number 16 trillion."
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
What did you like best in Romney's speech?