Mom-to-be almost killed by fingernail or hair strand from unborn twins1/7/2013
Angela Cottam was almost poisoned to death by her own unborn twins. The mom-to-be, 32, was already in the hospital with complications related to her pregnancy when the medical staff realized her lungs were collapsing. The cause of her near-fatal condition? An amniotic fluid embolism, a severe allergic reaction that was caused when cells from the babies — like a fingernail or a strand of hair — leaked into her bloodstream. After an emergency C-section, doctors delivered two healthy baby girls. Cottam, however, required 22 blood transfusions and fell into a coma for 12 hours. "There are moments when I've … thought "What if?'" she said. "But I try not to dwell on that." [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
How scary is this?