8 things Ann Romney told us about Mitt in her GOP convention speech8/29/2012
Ann Romney's well-received speech at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday was intended to put a human touch on her husband Mitt. Here are some of the things the woman who's been married to our potential prez for 43 years thinks you should know about him:
- She fell in love with him because "he was tall, laughed a lot, was nervous."
- After they got married they lived in a "basement apartment," "shared the housekeeping, and ate a lot of pasta and tuna fish."
- Ann and Mitt don't have a "storybook" marriage, because "those storybooks never seemed to have chapters called 'MS' or 'Breast Cancer.'" What they have is "a real marriage."
- She's seen him "spend countless hours helping others," including "when late-night calls of panic came from a member of our church whose child had been taken to the hospital."
- Mitt was "not handed success. He built it."
- He sees helping others as "a privilege, not a political talking point."
- He still makes her laugh.
- He "will not fail."
What did you think of Ann Romney's speech?