Band cheaping out on flares may have caused Brazil nightclub fire1/30/2013
The deadly nightclub fire in Santa Maria, Brazil, that killed more than 230 people may have been started because the band playing that night didn't want to spend more money on indoor flares for their pyrotechnics show, police say. Inspector Marcelo Arigony said that members of Gurizada Fandangueira, a band that features pyrotechnics in its shows, purchased flares meant for outdoor use because they sold for $1.25 a piece, compared with $35 for flares designed for indoor use. Arigony added that members of the band have admitted in the past to using the cheaper flares and that "the flare lit was for outdoor use only, and the people who lit them know that." [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
What do you think of this development?