Cat taken to vet for flea bath is accidentally euthanized9/24/2012
A simple forms mixup, combined with hasty skimming, has resulted in an 8-year-old cat being accidentally euthanized at a Massachusetts veterinarian office. According to Colleen Conlon of Gardner, her cat Lady was brought in by her son to get a flea bath. Although Conlon says she phoned the clinic just 15 minutes before the appointment to check the price of the flea bath, euthanasia forms were somehow procured. The blunder was discovered when Conlon's son returned with the family's other cat who was also scheduled for a flea bath. Tragically, Lady had formerly belonged to Conlon's daughter, who was killed in a car accident. [Source]
Will you read vet forms more closely now?