One tiny drop of new synthetic drug kills 21-year-old concertgoer11/2/2012
Clayton Otwell only took one drop of new synthetic drug 25-I, but that was enough to cause a fatal overdose for the 21-year-old. Otwell accepted the drug as payment after helping a stranger find his cellphone at New Orleans' annual Voodoo Fest. "I honestly don't know why he took it," Otwell's best friend, Mandie Newell, said. "I think he just felt really good for helping the kid find his phone and he trusted him." New Orleans-area ERs treated at least three others who had overdosed on 25-I and indicated that they, like Otwell, were first-time users of the hallucinogen. The drug, which is also known as "N-Bomb," is marketed as "artificial LSD" and is illegal in all 50 states. [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
Have you ever accepted drugs (or food or anything) from strangers at a concert?