Parrot bravely saves owner from raging house fire, dies a hero2/8/2013
A pet parrot named Cookie saved his owner from a deadly fire, but alas, the bird himself did not survive. Now he's being remembered as a hero. Home alone, 17-year-old Ben Rees lit an incense stick and took a shower. The stick threw a spark, and flames engulfed Rees' bedroom, rousting Cookie from his perch. The quick-thinking cockatiel dashed into the bathroom, squawking and flapping, and dive-bombed Rees until he got the message and got out of there. Rees credits Cookie with his survival, but he was unable to save his feathered friend. "It is so sad that he didn't make it out alive," Rees' mother said. "We will never forget what he did." [Source]
Click msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
What do you think of Cookie's heroic sacrifice?