Man totally forgot about that 9-inch fork he swallowed 10 years ago8/17/2012
A coin or a marble can easily slip down your throat, but a 9-inch fork? Lee Gardner obviously forgot about accidentally swallowing some plastic cutlery 10 years ago after he was assured that it would pass through. But when the 40-year-old Brit was recently rushed to the ER vomiting blood and suffering from cramps, doctors spotted the offending implement. Gardner said he didn’t remember swallowing anything, but his memory was jogged when one doc asked, “Are you sure? I can see prongs of what appears to be a fork.” The apparently indestructible instrument was surgically removed. The fork had little damage, other than gnarly discoloration; Gardner was left with a bleeding ulcer. Both fork and patient are recovering well. [Source]
What's the craziest thing you've heard of someone swallowing?