Dolphins died of heroin OD after rave at zoo, report says5/7/2012
This was one headline we hoped we'd never have to write: About a year ago, dolphins Shadow and Chelmers died agonizing deaths in Connyland, Switzerland, after the zoo allowed a rave (attended by thousands) to be held near their training pool. For animals with sonar hearing, a possibly dubstep-heavy event was already considered a strain. Now a toxicology report has emerged that shows a heroin substitute was found in the animal's urine. This would seem to confirm initial suspicions that whacked-out ravers fed the dolphins drugs while possibly on some kind of weird acid trip. Remember: Blissed out dolphins are a dangerous fantasy only appropriate for grade-school children. The reality is not cute, fun, or sparkly.
Was this a fluke accident, or should the ravers be punished?