Man dies after accidentally drinking gas, then smoking2/29/2012
A North Carolina man has died after accidentally incinerating himself following a bizarre (and unfortunate) mixup at his home. According to the New Bern (NC) Sun-Journal, Gary Allen Banning accidentally drank from a jar full of gasoline sitting by the kitchen sink (another resident of the home is a mechanic and uses the gas to clean his hands). Banning spit the gas out, getting it on his clothes. He did not change his clothes, and set himself on fire when he later lit a cigarette. Banning was transported to the UNC Burn Center, where he died. "It was just a freak incident," police investigator W.K. Preslar said.
Want to read more trends like this? Check out the msnNOW home page.
Is the roommate at all responsible?