Guy goes blind from too much vodka, can see again thanks to scotch11/30/2012
We've always said that a glass of good scotch can fix anything, but we never expected it to cure blindness. New Zealander Denis Duthie poured a little too much vodka on top of his diabetes medication and, as a side effect, lost his sight entirely. He thought he could sleep it off, but went to the hospital after waking up still blind. The ER doctors said the combination had given Duthie severe formaldehyde poisoning. Counterintuitively, they responded by giving him more booze in an effort to stop the production of formaldehyde. A hospital staffer bought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black, which was IV'ed directly into Duthie's stomach. Five days later, he could see again. "It was pretty bloody good," Duthie said. [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
Isn't it a shame he didn't get to take it orally?