5 things that still baffle us about Manti Te'o's story1/19/2013
Manti Te'o used his first interview since it was revealed his dead girlfriend was a fake to deny any involvement in the hoax that has made him a national mockery. But, while the Heisman Trophy finalist ostensibly answered all of ESPN's questions, he nevertheless left us very puzzled. Specifically:
1) Te'o explained how he and Lenny Kekua dated for six "intense" months and were "inseparable" by phone, yet somehow neither Kekua or Te'o insisted on meeting each other in person.
2) Every time the two tried to Skype or Face Time, Kekua was a "black box" and couldn't be seen, Te'o now says.
3) Tragedy after tragedy befell Kekua. She was in a "coma" for weeks following a car crash and subsequently had leukemia. Yet Te'o never tried to see her in a hospital, even when she was near death. Why? "It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school."
4) In December, Te'o received a surprise phone call from Kekua, admitting she hadn’t died. Still, Te’o says he wasn't fully convinced that their relationship was a lie until two days ago when his friend Tuiasosopo called him to confess to having participated in the hoax.
5) Te’o says Kekua once requested HIS checking account in order to send HIM money. He did not provide it.
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
What do you think?