We hope insurance covers this fire started by burning squirrel fur10/11/2012
Guys. GUYS. How many times did your mother tell you not to use a blowtorch to burn a squirrel's fur off?! One Michigan man apparently didn't listen, because his propane-fueled attempt to "remove a squirrel's fur before eating it" left dozens of his neighbors homeless. The man had been de-furring the squirrel when "the fur apparently caught fire" and the flames spread to the roof of the ClearView Apartments. Eight units were totally destroyed, while several others were damaged from water and smoke. "The good thing is that nobody got hurt … and life goes on tomorrow," resident Spencer Duits says, quickly adding, "I got a skylight now, though." [Source]
Have you eaten, or would you ever eat, a squirrel?