Dying puppy's life saved by chugging bottle of vodka1/15/2013
A serious dose of "hair of the dog" saved the hide of a dying nine-week-old puppy. Cleo, a tiny American Staffordshire terrier pup, was hours from kidney failure after licking some radiator fluid. Her freaked-out owner raced her to the vet, where she was given an unconventional-sounding antidote: an entire bottle of vodka. "The vet had a bottle … so they just hooked her up," owner Stacey Zammit said. "The next time I saw her I asked if she was wasted and the vet was like, 'yeah.'" The pup's medically required drinking binge served to counteract the effects of the chemicals. The cost of the treatment? $2,100. That makes Grey Goose sound like a bargain. [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.
Has your pet ever had a close call?