Consider this proof that reading can save lives. Sullivan Moore, a 7-year-old in Salem, Ore., had an allergic reaction after tasting his best friend’s Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread (Moore, who’s allergic to tree nuts, thought it was just plain chocolate). After noticing his buddy's distress, the awesomely named Ransom Duel, also 7, sprung into action. He read the Nutella label and noticed hazelnuts as the third item on the ingredient list; knowing Moore was allergic, he grabbed a teacher, who got Moore the life-saving medicine he needed. Both kids are fine now, with Duel being hailed as either a hero or a doctor in the making. We’re not sure we’d recover from not being able to eat Nutella again, but hey. [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.