When a fire blazed through the Portsmouth, N.H., home of Dave Adams and his wife on Tuesday, they weren't just concerned about the damage to their historic house. Their 17-year-old cat, Tiki Bear, was inside. Neighbors reportedly spotted the fire and called 911, then cheered when firefighters carried Tiki Bear out of the house. The cat started breathing again after receiving oxygen, and was taken to a veterinary hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Sadly, Tiki Bear may have used up one too many of its nine lives in the incident. Owners say it's not clear whether the elderly cat will pull through, and have launched a Facebook page seeking donations to help pay for its treatment. [Source]
Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.