Online attorney directory Upcounsel recently did a roundup of the strangest laws still on the books in the U.S., and while we're not necessarily interested in telling Congress what they should be doing, maybe axing a few of these would help them feel more productive.
10. In Utah, it's illegal for first cousins to marry, but this no longer applies if they're both over the age of 65.
9. In Georgia, it's against the law to use profanity in front of a corpse.
8. In Mohave County, Arizona, a person found stealing soap must wash themselves until the bar of soap has been completely used up.
7. In Indiana's lawbooks, pi is 4, not 3.1415.
6. It's illegal to sing off-key in North Carolina.
5. It's illegal for a man to give his significant other a box of candy weighing in excess of 50 pounds in Idaho.
4. It's illegal to mistreat oysters in Maryland.
3. You can be arrested or fined for harassing Bigfoot in Washington state.
2. It's illegal to get a fish drunk in Ohio.
1. In Eureka, Nevada, it's illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.
This news has us planning an amazing law-breaking cross-country roadtrip where we grow a moustache before kissing a woman in Eureka, mess with Bigfoot, eat an oyster, and warble in North Carolina. But we'll never get a fish drunk. That's just a bridge too far. [Source]