Woman battling flesh-eating bacteria shows 'fighting spirit'5/12/2012
The Georgia woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria after a zip line accident two weeks ago is showing a fighting spirit and remarkable improvement, according to her family, but still fighting for life. Andy Copeland said his daughter, Aimee, is awake but remains unable to talk, though she was able to mouth words to her family. Aimee Copeland contracted the aeromonas hydrophila bacteria after suffering a gash to her left calf after a homemade zip line broke during an outing with friends on May 1. Her left leg was amputated and tissue removed from her abdomen, and doctors have said her remaining foot and both hands will likely be amputated as well to stop the bacteria from spreading.
Share a message of support for Aimee's family.